I developed this design first by choosing a book: Battle of the Labyrinth. Because of the title, I decided to make a labyrinth-like design. It was challenging to make it look like a real labyrinth, and I don't think it really does, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. It was also challenging to make the values look like they're going back. Adding blue to the green colors helped a lot. Also using brown and yellow added dimension.
Monday, January 6, 2014
I showed amusement in this piece because horses make me really happy and I used a photograph of me with my cousins horse as a reference. It was fun to use the mixed media; I used water color for the background and acrylic for the girl. Also, magazine clips of hair for the horse, yarn for the scarf, and tissue paper for the coat. I really liked doing the visual journaling but I didnt really use the techniques I learned doing that for this project. It was kind of chalenging get all the different hair colors for the horse but it was worth it in the end because the values in the hair add a lot to the piece over all.