Friday, September 21, 2012

Value Portraits


I really enjoyed this project because it was really fun to actually draw a person.  The first thing we did was took pictures.  Then, we chose random faces and got a sheet on tracing paper.  We traced all the shapes we saw, and we tried to find different values.  Finally, we shaded the back of the tracing paper and went over all the lines so that it would be pressed onto the paper.  We found the different values by not looking at the picture as a face, but as a combination of shapes and shading.  I think I did a good job of creating all the values because I have a lot of lightness but also a lot of darkness; I wasn't afriad of the dark.  I think that this piece is probably the best work I've done so far in Art.  I'm very proud of it.  The only hard part about drawing Cole was figuring out how to shade, and looking at the actual picture instead of thinking about what a face looks like was also difficult. 


No comments:

Post a Comment