Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Figure Drawing

I really enjoyed doing figure drawings because it was fun to show the movement with simple lines and shapes. I took risks by just going with the shapes of the bodies we were drawing in a larger scale instead of focusing on small details. It was a little out of my comfort zone because I usually try to draw details first. That's another reason I liked this exercise; it taught me a different way to look at the subject I'm drawing. Looking at other people's figure drawings helped me understand the basic idea of what they should look like. Artist on pintrest and even my classmate's art showed me the main idea and the point to the drawings. It was hard sometimes to draw people because their poses could change a little bit...but that's also what made it interesting and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment