Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Skeleton

In this exercise, I developed a lot of new skills like realistic shading and showing the protruding parts well. Aside from the skull and feet, I'm very happy with this. My favorite part is the ribs and shoulders. This was one of the first things we did in drawing that I was really happy with and it gave me some confidence for the rest of the class. Compared to my last skeleton from Art 1-2, I've grown a lot, and I'm very glad I can say that. As far as fixing mistakes goes, I started out shading with vertical or horizontal lines but realized that I would have to shade with the shape of the subject and executed that. I could have fixed the realisticness of the skull, but I wasn't very motivated to because of the lack of success the first time around. As for the feet, I would have liked for them to be normal size, but it was hard to make them proportional since we hadn't studied the proportions of the body yet. Overall, I'm proud of the shading and value more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment