Thursday, May 22, 2014

Scull Portrait

This was an interesting exercise because we used what a real scull looked like to determine the placement of our facial features. I gained skills with this piece because it taught me how to look at what I'm drawing and to draw what I see instead of coming up with what things look like in my head. I think this portrait looks like my sister which is funny because everyone thinks we look alike. I tried to take some risks in this piece by adding a lot of darks..a little too much. I also tried to add highlights, like in the hair. It helped me see what it looks like when I added more pencil. It definitely helped with the final portrait. The skull kind of threw me off sometimes because my face didn't match up with the placement of the skull, but like I said, it taught me to look at what I was drawing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment